Measuring chlorine with ABB system
Residual chlorine is one of the most important measurements for effective monitoring of refrigeration, potable and industrial water treatment processes. ABB’s new AW400 residue
monitoring system contains the capacity to monitor and control the residual chlorine at our customers at an accurate and affordable level. The design allows users to connect three measurements or alternatively combine pH and/or ORP.
The measurement can be important in cooling water, and is also regularly a parameter that is important to monitor in waste water. Other parameters often measured in waste water are pH, conductivity and turbidity. There are of course also cases where specific parameters are important in the wastewater such as manganese, ammonium, phosphate or fluoride. (Free) chlorine can also be one of these important parameters.
- Total and free residual chlorine measurement – add potassium iodide to reagent to convert free chlorine measurement to total chlorine
- Reagentless operation – reduced operating costs with reagentless operation at a pH of 7.5 or less
- Multiple sensor input capability – reduced installation costs for multiple point monitoring operations
- Self-cleaning sensor assembly – prolongs sensor life and maintains accuracy
What can we do for you?
- It is possible to install and commission the measurement for you
- Do the maintenance for you
- We can help you with a question
- We can supply you with spare parts