Fluoride Analyzer ABB
Why it would be advisable to continuously measure the fluoride content of potable water.
How much fluoride is drinking water containing?
The concentration of fluoride in drinking water differs per area. Most tap water contains between 0.05 and 0.25 milligrams of fluoride per liter. This is below the legal standard of 1.1 milligrams per litre. The correct composition of the drinking water per region is stated on the websites of the drinking water companies. Fluoride is naturally present in the soil and in this way reaches the groundwater. Chemical fluoride ends up in the surface water via, for example, toothpaste in the drain and the sewage treatment plant. Drinking water companies use that groundwater and surface water in turn to make drinking water.
As far as we know, Fluoride is good for our teeth, but too high a dose can have harmful effects on bones, nerves and the thyroid, among other things.
Our Fluoride analyzer measures this concentration continuously and could therefore be used for obtaining more information and for safety at drinking water companies and at sewage treatment plants. Monitoring fluoride to not go higher than 0.25mg/l is clearly below the maximum but a pretty safe target.
- Continuous measurement using ISE technology
- Automatic 2-point calibration
- Buffered measurement for maximum accuracy
- Low reagent consumption (up to 3 months of continuous measurement before reagent refill)
- Temperature controlled flow cell for measurement stability
- Intuitive software with color graphic display
- Data logging and graphical process trends
- Full audit trail capability
- Secure data archiving to SD card
What can we do for you?
- It is possible to install and commission the measurement for you
- Do the maintenance for you
- We can help you with a question
- We can supply you with spare parts