Ammonia analyser 3S
The 3S colorimeter is a compact analytical instrument for online analysis and process monitoring. The colorimeter is based on a color developing chemical reaction that is carried out in the glass measuring cell of the analyzer. The sample, coming from an external reservoir or process stream, is autonomously picked up by the instrument and mixed with the appropriate reagents to allow the reaction to occur. The analyzer uses an LED light source and a photodiode to photometrically measure the developed color intensity (absorption). The absorption is proportional to the concentration of the chemical component to be measured. The detection limit is in the low ppb range. This Ammonia analyser has several aplications.
Ammonium reacts with salicylate and hypochlorite ions in the presence of ferricyanide ions to form the salicylic acid analog of indophenol blue. The resulting color is directly proportional to the ammonium concentration present and is determined at 660 nm.
response (colorimetric analysis)
Benefits Ammonia Analyser
- Low reagent consumption and analytical reliability thanks to custom-designed miniature peristaltic pumps
- Two-compartment design to ensure complete separation between the electronics and the hydraulic part
- Color touchscreen to clearly display the last measured value and set all options and settings via a user-friendly interface
- Data logger function with graphical data history and USB download
- Automatic calibration, validation and cleaning to reduce downtime and operator intervention. Its frequency can be freely set by the user
- Fully integrateable into industrial automation via the analogue outputs (2 x 4-20 mA channels), digital output (2 relays + ModbusRTU) and digital input (voltage-free contact)
Applications 3S Ammonia analyser
- Boiler feed water
- Cooling water
- Drinking water
- Surface water
- Municipal wastewater
- Industrial wastewater
What can we do for you?
- We can install and commission the measurement for you
- Perform maintenance for you on this Ammonium analyzer
- We can help you if you have a question
- We can supply you with spare parts